1. Prague in its modern day, is the capital city for Czech Republic. While in its older time, it is the seat of well=known Bohemian empire. It is the only capital city in the world which since it ancient time, had never being shifted around. Thus, the same seat that the Czech President is sitting on now, is the same seat being used by the Bohemian Kings.
2. The Czech called Prague as "The Mother of all city"- this is visible under their pre-historical Coat-of Arms, inscribed in Latin as Mater Urbium. This might be the reason for the whole city to be declared as WORLD HERITAGE SITE by UNESCO.
3. For Muslim travellers, u might want to book an apartment with a kitchen, since it is hard to find halal-prepared food here.
4. Prague's people are friendlier than their Eastern European counterparts in Moscow. But then again, who's not??
5. If you fly from Moscow, do try the Czech Flag carrier-CSA. You might want to avoid Aeroflot, not only to save your pocket, but your ear as well. Imagine a 3 hour flights with a group of drunk, visible-pot-belly russians making noise the whole way...got the picture????
6. Public transport is amazingly efficient and cheap. While most of the places is withing walking distance, yet to take a tram round the city could be a memorable experience.
7. Foods...hmm....well-known for cheap Beers, and good wine...ur..suckling pig..uh, couldnt try any of it..
8. Recreation? try a cycling-boat along the Vltava River, canoing, or even cycling around Prague. I had enough of that :)
9. Souvenirs, Bohemian crystal is the best, but there's also nice looking mug and wooden toys. You might want to skip buying key-chains. Apparently there are so expensive that u can get a t-shirt for that price!!
10. A relatively new place , Nove Mesto is actually founded hundreds of years ago. It is known that the Americans had taken the development plan and ideas as their foundation for planning new modern city of New York and LA, yet refused to pay for the idea. The Czech had long forgiven them..