Singapore Changi Airport
We arrived at Singapore Changi Airport at around 11:00am. After getting some maps, claiming our baggage and passing thru customs, we hurriedly made our way to the airport's taxi bay to catch a cab that will take us to Aeroline Bus Ticketing Office in Harbour Front Center. In Changi Airport, getting a cab is fairly easy and queue is fast...
Harbor Front Center
After about 30 minutes ride (fare is around SGD20.00), the friendly cab driver dropped us off at the coach bay area of Harbour Front Center. We then proceeded to the second floor of the mall and finally found the Aeroline Bus Ticketing Office. We presented our email confirmation and was able to get our 3:30PM bus transfer tickets to Kuala Lumpur which we booked online at SGD47.00/way a few weeks ago.
We took our lunch in the food court of Harbour Front Center which has a good view overlooking Sentosa. After eating, we learned that we were still early for our 3:30PM bus transfer so we roamed around Harbour Front Center. After walking for sometime, we realized that we were already in Vivo City, the newest mall in Singapore which is interconnected with the Harbour Front Center. We got tired roaming with our baggage in the huge Vivo City Mall so we stopped by Starbucks to drink coffee and rest our tired feet.
At 3:00PM, we started our 15-minute walk towards the coach bay of Harbour Front Center thinking that the bus might already be there for passenger boarding. When we reached the coach bay at around 3:15PM, we were surprised to find no Aeroline bus. At around 3:30pm, we were glad to see an Aeroline bus coming and then dropped off passengers. We were asked to board the bus after 10 minutes.
Singapore to Kuala Lumpur via Aeroline Bus
In 30 minutes, we arrived at the Singapore customs border. We were asked to go down and bring all our luggages with us. There's no problem in unloading all our baggages and loading it again because of Aeroline's helpful bus stewardess and driver who assisted all passengers. Queue in Singapore border customs is fast, in less than 10 minutes we're already done.
After crossing the Singapore to Malaysia bridge, we arrived at the Johor Bahru Malaysia customs border. Again, we were asked to go down and bring all our luggages. Queue in Johor Bahru customs border is as fast as that of Singapore. In no time, we were back at the bus and the driver headed for the highway.
Singapore to Kuala Lumpur thru bus is a 5-hour ride. It's a long ride but Aeroline Double Decker Bus made it sure that every passenger is comfortable through out the trip . Lazyboy-like seats, on-board video, on-board lounge and on-board toilet make every passenger's trip a pleasant journey.
During our Aeroline bus ride to KL, we were served a light meal and a bottled water.
In the middle of the trip, the bus made a short stop where there are stores selling cheap local delicacies.
Corus Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
We arrived at Corus Hotel , the drop-off point of Aeroline in KL, at around 8:30pm. We already made our booking for a 3 night stay in this hotel online a few weeks ago. Why we chose Corus Hotel? For convenience sake. Aeroline bus loading and drop-off point is just outside Corus Hotel along Jalan Ampang Road. Secondly, it is located less than five minutes away from Petronas Twin Towers and Suria KLCC Mall. Third, KLCC LRT Station is just 3 minutes walk located in the basement of adjacent mall, Avenue K. And last, it's cheap and rates with breakfast are good value for money.
It's 8:30pm and we're already hungry. We walked towards Suria KLCC Mall and ate in KFC. We went back to Corus Hotel and immediately slept because we need to get up early the next morning to queue for Petronas Skybridge tickets.
Some Helpful Tips:
1. When booking a flight, always be reminded that a low cost airline does not necessarily mean that their rates are lower than that of regular airlines. Sometimes, you can get a better fare deal with regular airlines. Also, you have to consider the arrival time of the airline in your travel destination. A morning flight and an evening flight to your travel destination makes a lot of difference.
2. Use online travel aggregators when looking for cheapest hotel room rates. You will be able to save money, time and effort. Believe me. I highly recommend HotelsCombined.com as it looks for the cheapest rates among almost all major travel sites IN JUST ONE SEARCH.
3. When looking for hotels, always keep in mind that location is the key. Location-wise, other hotels to consider in Ampang Area where Corus Hotel is located are Hotel Maya, Renaissance Hotel, Equatorial Hotel, Traders Hotel, Nikko Hotel, and Prince Hotel (high mid-range), Hotel Imperial, Shangrila Hotel, and Mandarin Oriental Hotel (luxury).
3. Get free map brochures in the airport, it will be a great help in planning your tour.
4. If you opt to book thru Aeroline Bus, make sure you book online IN ADVANCE. Most of the seats are sold out on the date of travel.