Home to over 500 animals and birds, including wolf, black bear, elk, lynx, bobcat, coatimundi, wallaby, kangaroo, African ... More
Peck's Wildwood Wildlife Park
Home to over 500 animals and birds, including wolf, black bear, elk, lynx, bobcat, coatimundi, wallaby, kangaroo, African spurred tortoise, ring-tailed lemur and much more! Also check out the new Birds of the World display, Educational Programs, Baby Animal Nursery, Adventure Boat Ride, Trout Fishing, Gift Shop and more! Open Daily May 1 through Mid-October.
We love this wildlife park and the kids who work there. They share their love of animals with the guests. Where else can my grandchildren hold a baby porcupine or skunk and play with a kennel full of adorable bunnies? Its great-It costs a lot to feed and vet all of those animals and keep them healthy so we can enjoy them. Hurrah to the owners of this wonderful park.
I wish I could give this place a higher rating because I have fond memories visiting as a child. But the staff were extremely rude to us when we had a serious problem crop up, and the entrance fee has become overpriced. The gift shop, rides, etc. all cost more than they should. It seems like the owners have become greedy. I can think of better places to go for less where the staff handle conflicts a lot better.
I'm 12 years old and i love this place! My grandma used to work there actually so she takes us every year when we go vist her! I think that going to pet deer, goats and all that stuff is sooo much fun!!!! I give this place a 5 star!
A bit overpriced. 12.00 each for adult and 8.00 for kids 2 and up which was ridiculous. The little train ride was $4.00!!! They do have quite a few animals to pet and the kid had fun. Not a very big establishment for the big price.
I have went there five times and it will never get old. You can feed and pet some animals and it so much fun. The staff is really friendly and you can always ask questions. It's not that bad ofa price to get in and have a full day of fun. I am an animal lover so when ever I visite Wildwood nothing gets old. They have so many animals that you are so exited to see the next.
If you ever visite this part of the state it's a must see.
- nothing to dislike.
- staff is great...friendly, helpful, caring and very knowledgable.
- there are regularly scheduled "show and tells" about certain animals featuring different animals each time.
- this park allows visitors a unique experience while getting to "know" the animals. it is a very interactive and hands-on experience.
- my personal favorites include feeding a giant black bear his "bear juice"...actually it tastes like pepsi, but not as sweet. (yes, it was sampled before serving the bear!) also, the deer who wander in their own open area are very tame. visitors are able to walk around and feed them and pet them. great experience!
- excellent gift shop with so many items that you'll want to purchase. it's easy to spend quite a bit in there, but you get great items that are reasonably priced.
- restrooms are clean, accessible, and conveniently located. there is food available...for visitors and the animals.
- my suggestions: bring hand sanitizer or baby wipes...so you can easily clean up after petting or handling the animals. also, a backpack is better to bring with you, rather than a purse. the animals are curious...they like to check out what you have and they like to see what it tastes like. one more thing, bring along sunblock...sunglasses...a hat...etc. you're out in the open and most likely will be there for awhile, so protect yourself from the sun.
- enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! lots of fun!!!
This is the best zoo you are going to find in the northwoods.
It is large enough to stay all day. There are boats to ride, and a woods walk.. very nice.
The best part is, you can pet and play with all kinds of baby animals. Baby possoms, skunks, raccoons, even baby cougars and linx occassionaly.
I have been going there, about once a year since I was a child.
Experience the beauty and tranquility of Wisconsin's Northwoods while staying at this cozy Minocqua hotel overlooking Lake Minocqua and near
hiking, biking, skiing and more.Situated in downtown Minocqua on Highway 51 and across from Torpy Park, the BEST WESTERN ...
Unique Northwoods home located on a private point on Lake Minocqua. Walking distance to the downtown area, and guests are
able to access shopping, dining and many different water sports by navigating the water of the Lake Minocqua Chain. ...
*Terms & Conditions: Savings calculation is based on Flight + Hotel vacation package bookings for a 3 month period for 2 adults with a 2+ night length of stay compared to price of the same components if booked separately during same period. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, travel dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.