Live the excitement of greyhound racing sponsored by this kennel club at this facility that features live greyhound racing ... More
Sarasota Kennel Club
Live the excitement of greyhound racing sponsored by this kennel club at this facility that features live greyhound racing six days a week with matinees three days a week, as well as greyhound, horse, and harness racing simulcast daily. Two clubhouse dining areas are also on site, as well as numerous concession stands located all throughout the facility.
These may sound like trivial or technical issues, but to me they are important.
I feel like management cares more about their bottom line than focusing on customer satisfaction.
1. You couldn't call in to be on a list. (they have changed this -- so thanks!)
2. You can not run it twice (for a bigger pot this can keep players in action -- especially on omaha).
3. You have to turn up your hand if all in (referring to Cash games). This hurts action - some one might make a looser call if they do not have to turn over. Also, what if a player doesn't recognize his own hand (it is a winner), do you want it turned up? I think a person should have to look out for themselves. Yes, if player willingly turns his cards up cards should speak. Just don't like this rule for cash.
4. They implemented or allowed a semi- private game. IMO this messed up the 5-10 NL. I have talked with several players that were daily starters of the 5-10 game and they could not get the invite to the "private game" . The private game is fine if you are ON the list. But, I live reasonably close to this card room, and find that I have to drive to Tampa to play NL.
5. When most other FL card have a 2-5 NL game, this card room makes it a 2-4NL... I think it is silly -- using 5 dollar chips and fewer 1 dollar chips makes more sense. I would play in the game if it were 2-5. Also raising the buy in max to $500 would make a difference. I know this sounds picky, but just stating how I feel.
6. This is pet peeve, but the 5-10 NL game rules mandate the use of 10 dollar chips. This is fine if it were a LIMIT game. This practice slows the game down. The house will NOT allow 25 dollar chips, yet they are allowed on the 2-4 NL game.
7. On a positive note: I do like that the house employs a time rake on the bigger games, vs a rake on each hand. Thanks!
8. They state in their answering machine it is a "state of the art" card room. However, NO shuffling devices are found in this room.
9. In general, I have been to several card rooms in FL where the management is much more "customer service oriented".
I would play in this card room 3-4 days a week if the above policies were changed. Now I play once a month at best. I think an "AVERAGE" rating is stretching it. But I hated to give a Poor rating when some people there are really trying hard.
i CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS DUMP TO CLOSE!! There is 1 old "seating lady" who thinks she controls the universe from her insignificant $7.00 an hour job. I understand for minimum wage what type of hostess you will get, but this one takes the cake!!!
She obviousely has no life and with that tries to include the patrons at the race track to share in her misery with the disapointment her life has brought.
All the patrons were great! Did not see anyone disruptive!
The meals are superb and the waitress we had was very
informative, courteous and willing to help in any way she could.
Maybe we are just easy to please!!
Keep it up. We enjoyed it!!!
Definitely a fun time out. Make reservations and pay the extra $ to sit in the restaurant. The food is great and tv at our table with a great view of the race as well. It is the only place I would recommend, do not hang out downstairs, it is nasty with really homeless looking characters hanging around there.
The dealers do not shuffle the cards well ,when you ask them to wash the cards they get very upset. I sat down and played cards there was 1 man that won seven hands in a row how many times do you see that happing in poker not alot so very un happy with your dealers i hope you do something about it Mr Collins Their is no rating the rooms are very dime you can hardly see the cards
Food is spectacular. Poker room is very nice with friendly people. You can take bets from the paramutuel in the poker room which is really cool so you don't have to go downstairs because it is a little run down downstairs.
Costs a buck to get in, though I got a free admission coupon off my rental car map. I only went to the general admission area. Nothing spectacular about the place, but it wasn't bad either. The workers seemed friendly, and had an appropriate number of betting lines open.
GA seating is outside under a cover, or you can stand uncovered down next to the track.
Parking is free if you park out a few feet. You can pay a buck to park closer, or pay more for the valet.
I have been to probably 12 dog tracks around the country. I'd just give it an average. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing awesome about it either.
If you don't need an emporium and you like to have some para-mutuel fun plus a nice meal it's hard to beat the value. The grandstand leaves something to be desired, but the reastaurants are fine and the food very good and the staff friendly and professional. The newly added poker room adds another dimension.
We went upstairs to a lovely table with a great view. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We ordered off the menu and lunch was great! Our waitress highly recommended dessert and boy was she right! We would go back just for the food!
The Mote Aquarium, by the Mote Marine Laboratory is a fabulous facility that is one of the best in the
fields of research, wildlife conservation and care. The aquarium is also an excellent educational facility that provides a unique ...
Overlooking the beautiful Little Sarasota Bay, this 30 acre site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and
is dedicated to preserving and interpreting 5,000 years of history. Visitors can go inside a prehistoric shell mound and ...