Rincon is the westernmost beach town in Puerto Rico. Its lush tropical hills overlooking sand drenched beaches and turquoise ... More
Rincon is the westernmost beach town in Puerto Rico. Its lush tropical hills overlooking sand drenched beaches and turquoise waters make it a choice destination for locals and visitors alike. Away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist-soaked areas of the island, here you will find a more rustic respite. The best diving and snorkeling is located in Rincon, and there is instruction and certification for the novice and world class diving for the expert. A great vantage point to catch the Humpback whales cavorting on their annual migration visit, the El Faro Lighthouse and park offers whale and dolphin watching platforms.
Rincon is a fantastic place for an adventure lover to vacation. Obviously it is known for amazing surfing and beautiful beaches, but beyond the shore in Rincon is a whole world of activities, tours and adventures to help you explore the island. Choose from ziplining, eco-tours, coffee plantation tours, horseback riding, jet skiing, hiking, mountain biking and tours of the bioluminescent bay. Great for families, Rincon Puerto Rico is laid-back, fun and casual with plenty of nightlife to entertain after a relaxing day at the beach.
There is plenty to do in Rincon.
1) Go snorkeling at Steps Beach. The water if beautiful there. We recently went and saw sea turtles and schools of tropical fish.
2) Go snorkeling at Desecheo Island. Water is as clear as air. Buy an Olympus Stylus Sw, they take great underwater shots, and video. Taino Divers does charters.
3) If the water is too cloudy, go horseback riding in Rincon. They take you to trails around the Nuclear Power Plant. Way cool. It's like a coconut palm tree forrest.
4) Visit the light house in Cabo Rojo, about 40 minutes from Rincon. Take your hiking shoes, and swim gear. By the light house is a beautiful beach called Playa Sucia (dirty beach), called that because there is an underwater grassy pasture, that at times gets washed onshore. But the beach is beautiful.
5) Have a sunset drink at Calypso, it's near Domes.
6) Sushi at Pool's Bar, and also Smilin' Joes. They have their sushi nights, and I'm not sure what nights they are.
7) Go sunset Sailing with Katarina Sail Charters. They give you sunset drinks and goodies.
8) Visit Mango Beach in Puntas, and the Secret Garden Art Gallery shops for souvenirs.
9)Go Parasailing at the marina. They pull you in a parachute over the water. Way cool.
10) Get a copy of our local newspaper EL Coqui of Rincon and have a cup of coffee at Banana Dangs in Puntas. You can check your emails there as well. El Coqui has a list of all the local happenings in Rincon.
and you can also Surf!
The Horned Dorset Primavera is one of those hotels you will not find just anywhere. One word that comes to
mind is 'oasis'. The hotel has no telephones, no TVs and no activities for children. It is a peaceful ...
The Rincon Inn is a newly remodeled, small inn less than 2 blocks from one of the finest sandy swimming
beaches in Puerto Rico.Each room has 4 twin beds. There is shared a bathroom, kitchen, and lounge area.The grounds ...
Villa Orleans is located in a tranquil area in Rincon, Puerto Rico. If you're looking for privacy away from the
people and crowds, this is the place. Amenities:Hair Dryer. Refrigerator. DVD/VCR. Non Smoking Rooms. Pets Allowed. Coffee Maker. Iron. ...