Not to be confused with The Doors album, The Morrison Hotel is a character-filled bar, coupled with one of Brisbane's popular eateries, Fiasco's. The ... More
Morrison Hotel (The)
Not to be confused with The Doors album, The Morrison Hotel is a character-filled bar, coupled with one of Brisbane's popular eateries, Fiasco's. The public bar area has a musty aroma and a very antique feel. Small in size, a couple of pool tables occupy a large portion of the space, but without crowding people together. Fiasco's has a very urban, contemporary ambience and is a popular meeting place for groups of all ages. Fiasco's menu is loaded with scintillating steaks, sumptuous seafood and excellent meals for vegetarians. Prices for the steaks are around the AUD20 mark.
I've visited twice in a search for the best steak in Brisbane.
* Friendly and accommodating wait staff
* The T-Bone I had the first time was great, good enough to have me wanting to come back again, even if my wife said she preferred the Norman!
* My Medium Rare Wagyu Rump the second time was again delicious, if a little overdone for my liking. It was well presented with a fresh, crisp salad, good chips and with a better than average (for a pub) mushroom sauce.
* My wife's steak - a crying shame: unseasoned (she asked the waiter nicely if the chef could season her steak this time), not rested (both our steaks were bleeding when they arrived - a sign they were either cooked too quick, or not rested after cooking), a blackened, charred flavour, and overcooked (half of it was cooked to a well-done bouncy grey)
* It was pointless mentioning it to the manager as he launched into an emotional defence that the steaks 'were not UNDERcooked', then stormed off to the kitchen ostensibly to kick the chef. Huh? I said they were OVERcooked! What's going on here? I tried to clear it up afterwards but he seemed to be having difficulties dealing with the twin concepts of cuisson, and feedback from customers.
Yes, we paid the full bill.
No, we didn't ask for/weren't offered a discount.
Yes, we will look elsewhere for Brisbane's best steak.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane is set upon the highest point of the central city and features breathtaking views of the
city, mountains, river and surrounding suburbs. The hotel is conveniently located in a quiet area of the CBD yet ...
A vision of contemporary design and unpretentious luxury, the Hilton Brisbane the city's most centrally located hotel will emerge from
extensive refurbishments as Brisbane's most up to the moment five star hotel. The revitalised Hilton Brisbane will feature beautifully ...
The Comfort Inn&Reg Airport Admiralty is located just 3 miles from the Brisbane International Airport. Additional points of interest include
Conrad Treasury Casino, the Brisbane Convention Exhibition Centre and the Brisbane Entertainment Center.Spend an afternoon playing the ponies at ...