On April 1st, five of us went to Mimi s for dinner, We experienced the worst service ever!! Our server was very spacy ! We had to ask for everything twice and then she didn t get it right. She even overchaged us on our drinks. It will be a while before I give Mimi s another chance!
5 stars for Mimi's Cafe's corned beef hash & eggs breakfast (served daily till 4pm), carrot raisin muffin (tomorrow's breakfast) and their freshly squeezed TALL orange juice (yum)...they seriously have the BEST corned beef hash EVER!!!
Good food; not all the same old stuff. Try their corn chowder. Some stuff can be spicy if you're used to bland food. The default breads that accompany the meals are terrific. Sometimes gets loud, and at peak times there's usually a 15-45 minute wait. Breakfast menu always available upon request. Recently the menu has been reduced, which makes it a bit less favorable than it was a couple of years ago. Still, it's a good spot for an ad-hoc dinner or brunch.
Service was LOUSY and BAD at the Dublin CA MIMIs!!!!
My wife and I are used to much better service from other MIMIs. Here is what happened.
1. We arrived between 2:20 and 3 PM on Sunday, Dec 17, 2006. The waitress didn't come over and there were about 6 service people who could see us. Fortunately the HOST came by and took our drink order and then went to look for her. We ordered half salads with Muffins. We DID NOT get the complimentary bread that comes with meals.
2. She brought the muffins with butter that tasted like Garlic butter. When asked about the taste, she said a lot of people say it tastes like Garlic. At other MIMIS, we get Honey Butter and not Garlic. She gave us regular pats of butter.
3. People at a table next to us, who got in way after us, got their salads right away and we had to wait about 15 minutes after they got theirs. At other MIMIs we always get the salad, muffins, and the bread within 5 minutes. The waitress said they were still making our salads in the back.
4. Why we settled for such bad service without calling over a manager was a discussion on our way home. I called the Dublin MIMIs and asked for the manager. I was told the manager was in a meeting and was unavailable. The person who took the call would not roll me over to the manager's voice mail. Maybe the manager doesn't have voicemail. In any case I was going to try calling again and decided to also send this complaint to you in case that manager continues to be in a meeting.
5. Hopefully that waitress didn't have some issue with us that caused such bad service and hopefully she gets better training.