My family and I dined here, and I must say, it was the worst service and dining experience I can recall. The hostess was very friendly, but after that, it was all down hill. Here is everything I can recall that was substandard:
1. The server took a long time to greet us and take our drink orders.
2. The water was not cold and had little to no ice.
3. It took a long time to get our cocktails even though the bar was completely empty.
4. Our drinks were not correct (dry martini= very little vermouth. I believe I said exactly Very dry please. Not much vermouth. ).
5. Charging $10 for a mediocre drink in a suburban casual dining restaurant is ridiculous.
6. The server brought out appetizer to the wrong table. It sat there for several minutes until the server realized it. The patrons left the table for a moment so they could not tell her she had the wrong table.
7. I had to ask for plates for the appetizers.
8. I had to ask twice for hot mustard for the appetizers.
9. The fork I received was bent (the outside tine was bent totally inward). I was going to ask for another but the server was no where to be found, and I was a little tired of asking for stuff at this point - so I ate with the crooked fork.
10. The dirty plates from the apps sat uncleared until after we left.
11. The server was not helpful and even slightly annoyed when I ask questions about a couple menu items to help decide what my 94 year old grandmother should eat. She is old and not that familiar with Asian food, sorry.
12. My dish (veggie stir fry) was undercooked and very bland.
13. We were not asked if we would like another drink until after we finished dinner.
14. The server informed me that she forgot to upcharge us for the scallops in my grandmother s dinner, as if it were some favor.
15. We were not offered water refills until after we paid the bill and were read to leave.
16. I had to ask for carryout boxes for the leftovers.
17. The manager stopped at nearly every table but ours to ask about our meals.
18. The price for the quality of food seemed disproportionate. Everything was significantly more expensive and much less tasty from my last visit 10-12 months prior.
Needless to say, I don t think I ll be back or would recommend the restaurant if asked.
10-9-11 my husband and i decided to stop in here for a late lunch today. Sat down in a booth were greeted by our server and ordered drinks, while looking over the menu a very LARGE COCKROACH ran by us on the floor! we jumped up went to hostess asked for a manager who said um ok well look into it. I was in shock that this was how he handled this! hostess said this was second time today someone told her this! really! at legacy? i am in shock and will never go there again!
I was surprised to read bad reviews for this place when it's one of the coolest places I've been to. Yes, it's a tad more expensive than normal Chinese places, but it's worth the money. I highly recommend the make-your-own option; it's totally unlimited, unlike a lot of places, and it teaches you a lot about Chinese cooking. It's inspired me to try to learn different ways to make my own stir fry at home.
Possibly the worst meal I have eaten: goopy, soggy, salty Chinese food. The veggies tasted like they were pulled from a freezer or can and micro-waved. The meat was cheap and bad. The meal contained more sauce than veggies or meat. I ordered the basil sauce. Where was the basil? There was lots of oil and salt. My husband got the schezwan sauce. It tasted just like mine but a little sweet, in a sickening way. We ordered plain lo mein noodles for our 3 year old. That was the best part of the meal, except that there were about 12 noodles for $6. We got pork pot-stickers. The ones from the freezer case at Trader Joes are much, much better. I have eaten better meals from strip center take-out Chinese place for 1/5 the price. I would have been equally displeased with a can of La Choy food from Giant Eagle, but that would have cost 79 cents rather than $49. All in all Stir Fry serves a totally gross, basically inedible meal.
I really enjoyed my time there. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I'm a vegetarian and there were plenty of options for me. The labels seperating vegetarian, vegan, spicy, etc. foods was very helpful. I ordered off the menu and was very satisfied. My friends made their own stir fry and they enjoyed their meals as well. The restaurant itself looks very nice. The pricing is good and its location in Legacy Village is really great. I highly recommend this restaurant for families, couples, or those looking for a fun night out.
one of the most enjoyable and fun experiences, this stir fry restaurant is one of my favorite places to go. you can make your own, and watch as the chef prepares your dinner, or order off of the menu. my favorite is the sesame shrimp. they also have wonderful mango tea, hot or cold, and a mango smoothie.
Lot's of choices on the menu if you order off there. They have a sweet stir fry bar where you can pick from a plethora of vegatables, some good sauces and like 10 different meats. Would highly reccomend it to anyone, I plan on going back soon!
the food here is excellent. i really like the create your own stir fry bar, it is fast and you can get exactly the sauce and veggies you'd like. service is fast, and the entrees on the regular menu are also good. the tilapia w/ cashew is amazing, as is the banana wontons for dessert. great pad thai and chinese food as well! you can sign up on their website to join their e-club adn get several coupons, that really helps with the prices. although they aren't as expensive as some of their legacy neighbors, they are a bit more than i'd like to pay. still, for those banana wontons, it's worth it!!!!
the restaurant itself is fun. i've never had to wait for seating, as they are large and have many servers. but the decor is intersting, some of the nicest bathrooms i've ever seen in a restaurant, and a fun bar as well. definitely worth a visit!!
Awarded "Concept of Tomorrow" by Restaurant Hospitality Magazine, this casually cool neighborhood restaurant & bar features warm, upbeat surroundings with
contemporary photography, mosaic tiling, wood paneled walls, modern lighting and plasma televisions, making it a favorite gathering place for ...
While Parallax will accommodate as many walk in guests as possible, reservations for dinner are highly recommended, especially on weekends.
We look forward to giving you a wonderful dining experience!
*Terms & Conditions: Savings calculation is based on Flight + Hotel vacation package bookings for a 3 month period for 2 adults with a 2+ night length of stay compared to price of the same components if booked separately during same period. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, travel dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.