We've been frequenting Players Grille for about a year now, it is nice and convenient, the food is good and the TV's at the booths work out great for families. We noticed that there is quite a large gathering of Trivia players who do quite well and frequently get the restaurant placed in the top 10-20 sites.
I would say that probably 90% of the staff is great, the other 10% not so much. Rose, the co-owner, is very friendly when there. Her husband - George, always seems to have a scowl on his face. In the year that we have been going, he has only spoken to me once, most of the time he just walks by without even a smile. We are putting money into his business/future - how about treat the customers like they mean something. I will say, though, that he appears to be friendly to the folks at the bar - I guess they bring in the bigger tab. Not everyone is drinkers - if if all you care about is the drinkers, than shame on you!
..try the wings - they are great!
Atmosphere is great, waitresses are polite and cheerful and my food looks good when it comes to the table. Only been there for lunch but I am looking forward to lunch today, if that tells you anything. A game room is there if you have some nervous energy to burn and the remote trivia game is a good way to challenge your knowledge if you like to compete in this famous battle of wits. As for fish on Fridays, I never bought into that historical scam allying the fishermen's guild and the Pope (Google it)--so if I were intent on adhering to that business pact, I'd go to a seafood restaurant.
I love this place. Great bar and wait staff and very good management. During football season, they will ALWAYS find a TV to put your game on, regardless of what team it is. Good food at reasonable prices. Very military friendly too, which is a huge bonus in my book.
There are small tvs at each booth in which you have control...As well as 2 large screens and tvs that adorn the bar area. We had the grouper sandwiches the second time around. They were excellent. The batter was light and not burnt. It had a game area on the other side of the bar, where kids and adults could mingle...with video games and darts combined. They also have added Clear Wire so you can dive into your laptop and surf while you wait. The value isnt that bad, but then again everythign is about the same in price. If people like a relaxed comfortable atmosphere then this is a place to visit.
Players Grille is formally a chain of Mudville Grille but still has similar food and service. For all intent and purpose, it's a sports bar but does have a down home feel with the service you receive. One of it's better points is regarding birthday's. You simply call and advise them who's birthday it is and how many people are in your party and they will setup an area complete with decorations, put up signs announcing the person's birthday and will store you cake in their kitchen until your ready to have it brought out. As for the price, it's not too expensive with the average meal running roughly $10.
It's a good value, with good service, and good atmosphere!
Formerly the Cafe on the Square, Square One has remolded itself into a dance nightclub with plenty of live entertainment
and music courtesy of local and national DJs. You might want to check out Monday's restaurant and hospitality industry ...
When Jacksonville resident and well known chef, Brett Harris, opened World Grill in the fall of 2006, he set out
to create a casually elegant atmosphere where his guests could escape and enjoy a moderately priced food and wine ...
Jenkins Quality Barbecue is a FAMILY OWNED restaurant serving Jacksonville for more than 50 years. The restaurant still cooks its ribs, chicken, pork
and beef over an open pit, oak wood fired grill just as it did back in 1957. The smoky aroma ...
*Terms & Conditions: Savings calculation is based on Flight + Hotel vacation package bookings for a 3 month period for 2 adults with a 2+ night length of stay compared to price of the same components if booked separately during same period. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, travel dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.