If you've never visited The Grit, you should know that we've been an old favorite in Athens, GA for more than two decades. We serve vegetarian food in ... More
If you've never visited The Grit, you should know that we've been an old favorite in Athens, GA for more than two decades. We serve vegetarian food in a way that appeals to ALL kinds of eaters. The lure of delicious homemade food served in generous portions at inexpensive prices, coupled with a lovingly restored pair of handsome dining rooms in a splendid historic building...it all brings people back and back again. So again, welcome to TheGrit.com!
The food was not tasty. I was disappointed to find that the sandwich I ordered was merely some store bought, microwaved chicken fingers with dressing. My lovely wife ordered international fare, which in really was nothing more than a hot pocket. At first the prices appeared very reasonable, but it turns out you get what you pay for and maybe a little less. The restaurant environment was pleasant and the wait staff was courteous and attentive. It is insulting to the patron and employees to serve such an uninspired menu. Nevertheless, we may give this well known restaurant a chance to redeem itself. I have a few flops of my own in the kitchen, so I definitely understand.
i loved the food at the Grit. not only is the food good quality but there are so many options, for vegetarians and vegans alike. in the past i've ordered the Falafel, Indian samosas, big burger (for lack of the actual name), and the Dal soup. everything was fresh, hot, and tasty. i'd recommend this place for everyone, including those who usually enjoy meat because the meat supplements are quite tasty.
-vegetarian (former meat eater)
This restaurant is a refreshing alternative to our chain restaurant world. Unique, healthy, but at the same time rich dishes. Love their diverse menu choices and displays of art. Each visit includes a delicious meal and a visit to a new exhibit. Their support of art is as geat as any local gallery or museum.
I love The Grit. I'd say that 95% of the food I've had there was super. The other 5% was fine, just nothing to do backflips over. some great items include: sweet potato fries, creamed corn (yes, really!), and the black bean chili.