i dislike the fact that my stepdaughter walked into these rooms and picked up the phone and it fell apart and that it had no working ac and when i got bak to the room a nasty roach was crawling on the bathroom mirror this place is really nasty they have bed bugs i heard they were on the news about it
- Our check-in clerk was such a lovely lady! Very sweet, cheery & helpful. However, I had researched rates online before coming and it said the standard rate was $31.28/night, if you booked 7 nights. They would not honor that rate, even though it stated it was a "standard" rate and not a special online-only rate. I showed it to the clerk on my iPhone & she called her manager to confirm that it did say it was standard. They still wouldn't honor it, so I stood right there in the lobby and made the reservation from my iPhone, and sure enough, it showed right up in the computer for the $31.28 instead of $39.99.
- Rooms were very clean and well-kept. Small, but comfortable and cozy - except for that there was no air conditioning. Apparently their main system can only be set to either heat or cool. Front desk told me they had switched to A/C a few weeks back and then a cold spell hit and so they went back to heat. However, all the guests in the hotel were now complaining of being too warm. The best they could offer me was to open my window since all the fans were taken- sure it cooled things off, but then I had to deal with street noise & it irritated my allergies.
- Bathroom was very clean & new, though only a 3/4 bath (shower, but no tub) and the shower was tiny. Water pressure and flow left just a little to be desired, but not bad.
- Beds and pillows quite comfortable, but felt like I was sleeping a little downhill - not sure if it was the mattress or an off-level floor.
- Location was convenient. A 24-hour Perkins Restaurant was right next door.
- On site Laundry facility was handy. It had 2 residential size washers and dryers that cost $1.50 each.
Your hotel was very clean, and the staff helpful both at nite and during the day. It was good to see smiles from the staff. We were happy with the rates, esp. during the Iowa State Fair. We will use the West Des Moines Hotel again. Thanks for an enjoyable stay.
The Kirkwood Civic Center Hotel is located in the heart of Downtown Des Moines and 5 miles from the Des
Moines International Airport. The hotel is centrally located in the entertainment and shopping district. The hotel provides an on ...
Adjacent to the Iowa Events Center, the Quality Inn & Suites Event Center in Des Moines is close to such
local attractions as the Des Moines Botanical Center, Hoyt Sherman Place, White Water University, Waveland Golf Course, Drake University, ...
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Renaissance Savery Hotel stands as an elegant architectural landmark in the
heart of downtown Des Moines. With a tradition of fine hospitality and superior service, it is here that presidents, ...
*Terms & Conditions: Savings calculation is based on Flight + Hotel vacation package bookings for a 3 month period for 2 adults with a 2+ night length of stay compared to price of the same components if booked separately during same period. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, travel dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.