We have been owners here for 8 years and we love it right on the beach!!! We just purchased another unit here that makes 4 in total so you know we love it, Great location not far to main part of town so its nice and quiet. The staff is nice and friendly and they are always trying their best to improve the property. Units are clean and roomy not like a hotel room. Our units are 1 bedroom with two baths and a full kitchen. Please note this is not the Ritz just a very nice Old Florida beach front property enjoy your stay!!!
This was our first stay at Turtle Inn. We were pleasantly surprised by the condition of our unit. We stayed in Unit #306, 7/16/2011 - 7/23/2011. Our room was clean, nicely furnished and comfortable. The office staff was friendly. I'll agree with others that the parking lot is tiny. I'll also agree that the place is not big, however, we liked the fact that it was small and not a huge highrise. There were a couple of negatives...the pool was green one day but we were told that the "pool guy" had a setting wrong on the vacuum that caused it & it was much better by that same afternoon. The other negative...the elevator was swarming with mosquitos, which I forgot to mention to the staff, so take insect repellent. Overall, it was a great find and we'd definitely consider staying here again.
The resort is small so you will not have many people all over the place. It is on the beach, great pool, jacuzzi, grills all you need and a newly renovated room with a fantastic staff. You need to take the bus across the street to the Casino boat. What a great time. Many other things to do in Daytona as the dog and horse betting track and at times the Daytona 500 and others. Bike week is good to. Lots of fun at a great place. We do go yearly and have been since 1999. I can sell the people that think they need more amenties a Marriott Resort with 20 times the cost.
We stayed here because we were meeting up with friends visiting from SC & they are owners. We would definately & probably will stay there again. It's RIGHT on the beach & comortably slept our family of 5 which includes 2 adults, 2 teens, & 1 child. It's not the Hilton by any means, but its clean & everyone was friendly! The rates were also quite reasonable!
Had my room broken into, manager was mad that I called him to review the security tapes, when he got there, he got in my face and we got into a heated arguement. Showed me the tapes on Fast forward!
I had a meeting with one of the higher ups and he told me point blank they were not going to help me in any way.
Thumbs down! Avoid this place like the plague!
Was a nice location though... too many other choices on the beach to rent here!
The staff made our stay incredibly pleasant. Our maid Beverly was SUPER!!! She was very nice and helpful. We arrived early and our room wasnt cleaned yet but with her help we were settled into our immaculately clean room in no time. She also directed us to the local grocery store and later in the week serviced our room for us. What a pleasant stay at a wonderful place. Everyone was so nice. We cant wait to come back next year and do it again, Thank you Turtle Beach and thank you Beverly !!!
My husband Joe and I stayed at the Turtle Inn a few weeks ago and were pleasantly pleased with the service (Juan was wonderful!) and the room was gorgeous and at a great value too. The beach was nice and even though the water was a chilly 66 degrees Joe went boogie boarding. I went back and enjoyed the awesome jacuzzi and heated pool. I would 100% recommend the Turtle Inn to everyone I know. We hope to come back to Daytonna next spring or early summer and stay with y'all again. Thanks for a wonderful time and hope to see y'all next year. Kathy & Joe Moudy in Springdale, AR
I will give you HONEST thoughts on this destination...
1. The beach, awesome. You can even actually drive your vehicle on it.
2. The "resort" is on the southern side of Daytona, thus, if you like it this way..it's more quiet.
3. Plenty of restaurant choices, and a nice NEW Publix very close by.
4. Some of the staff is very friendly. One guy who is either the owner or GM doesn't even look up at you in the office..and is always on the phone.
5. If you don't have alot of $$, you can stay on the beach here for under $100 per night.
6. My unit had two bathrooms, one had a tub/shower, other just a sink and toilet.
1) It's old and kinda dirty. Yes, you can tell they replaced kitchen cabinets, doors, countertops..but it's one of those "quickie" renovations. The outside looks and IS old. Dirty? Well, when you open a sleeper bed, you expect it to have CLEAN linen, don't you? Oh, how about the bed YOUR supposed to sleep in..the sheets had SOMEONE else's hair on them. Nice.
2) Carpets dirty, wear socks and you'll find out.
3) The worst parking lot if you own an SUV. Spots are tiny and there aren't many to begin with. They tell you in the "welcome book" in your room, you can pay to park any other vehicles at the bar across the street. And boy, is the lot TIGHT.
4) Pool seating is old, and the umbrellas have tears in them, too close to the building and blacktop lot.
5) How would you like to have a La-Z-Boy chair from the 70's in your hotel room?
6) When you pull up to your destination, and see it for the first time..how excited would you be when the first thing you see as you pull in is the trash dumpster?
Not a high-rise complex but a wonderful apartment setting where the beach and scenic sunrise and sunset are all around you, at all times. It's quiet; perhaps nothing like you might think about the "main" Daytona Beach.
Since 2007 it is all brand-new; many are timeshare units where the same people return year after year, and take wonderful care of the apartments. You can enjoy the solitude of the almost remote location south of main Daytona Beach "drag" or share camaraderie with people from all over the world who meet at sundown on the deck, to cook-out, swim, or enjoy the hot-tub while watching the colors in the sky as the sun goes down. When the sun finally sets, you can see the lights of Daytona Beach up the coast, and shrimp and fishing boats as they go out for the night. You will never want to stay in a mega-high rise condo again. Requires a car - not in an area where you can walk to dozens of restaurants or shops. If you don't drive, rent a convertible and enjoy just driving around the area.
Multi story Hotel with contemporary decor, guest amenities; located directly on the beach. Amenities:Air Conditioning (In Room). Newspaper (Free). Refrigerator.
Telephone. Television (Cable/Satellite). Non Smoking Rooms. Television. DVD/VCR. Daily Maid Service. Safe (In Room). Coffee Maker. Kitchen/Kitchenette. ...
Sea Shells is located directly on the Worlds Most Famous Beach and minutes from the area attractions. We have a
heated pool, and we provide oversized towels to be used while basking in the sun. We have a BBQ ...