Ok.. So THIS place was a surprise !
from the outside the place seems very seedy.. But I stayed here with a friend for just one night and WHAT do I see... A CLEAN room... Clean toilets... Soaps and towels , BETTER than average bed clothes... I HAD to make sure to thank the manager for the place... I dont do that very easily ! Definitely a GREAT place to stay and very very economical too !!
Good Value for your money. Clean. Convienient location. Wonderful helpful staff. Did already recommend it to family and friends. Within walking distance of Shop-Ko, Cub Foods, Bus Stop, Arby's. It can't be said enough- Wonderful helpful staff.
We arrived later afternoon. The odor in the room was awful so turned on the air conditioner to try to cirulate the air. Left and returned at 9:00 p.m. The air conditioner was off (not working). Talked to the person at the desk and were told the manager would be in at 10:00p.m. and would check it out. She did come but could not get it working so moved us to another room.
The odor in that room was REALLY,REALLY bad! Both of these rooms are supposedly "smoke free". I doubt that very much because the chemical/deodorizer they use must be to cover something!
We have grandchildren with allergies, asthma/breathing problems. There is NO WAY they could sleep in that room with an odor like that!
I am going to check with the State Dept. of Health to see what the rules /regulations are concerning motels and the use of chemicals/deodorizers. If there are any, I don't think Gateway would pass the inspection.
My friend picked me up the next morning. I was so embarrassed, I packed my suitcase and bags and set them OUTSIDE the door and left the door open so I could see her coming and she wouldn't have to come in. She came to the door, not in the room and said, "It stinks in that room!" I told her it was the last time we would be staying there.
At 2:00 a.m. a TV was cranked as loud as possible in another room. The entire stay there was not a good experience.
The people were helpful but the condition /odors in that place are AWFUL!
Never again will we be staying there.
I arrived late at night only to find the tv on and hair in the sink from someone's shaving. It looked as if someone had just been in my room even though I already had it booked earlier. Clearly the room had not been cleaned after the previous person. There was also hair in the sheets and pubic hair in the bathtub.
It was the most "sketch" motel I had ever seen. There were cracks around the door where cold/heat/bugs can get in. There was also questionable activity taking place around the building. I didn't feel my car or my person were safe.
Lastly, the train goes right by the building approximately every half hour during the night so you cannot sleep unless you are the type that can sleep through a tornado.
It is well worth the extra $10 or so to stay somewhere clean, safe, and peaceful...peace of mind.
The place is very old, and has not been updated in a very long time. The room smelled very bad, the bathroom was so dirty that my daughter would not use it. We found stick pins laying on the floor,and the mattresses were wrapped in a heavy plastic making it impossible to get a good nights sleep. The entrance door looked like someone had kicked it in and it had been poorly repaired. Very noisy with the traffic and the trains. If you check in after 10 o'clock you do it outside at a one way mirror, by sliding things back and forth through a 1 inch opening at the bottom of the mirror.
My wife booked this place sight unseen and we checked in late, We will never go back.
The price is right if you just need a place to crash. I stay at this motel a couple of times each year for homecoming and trivia weekend and have been doing so for more than 10 years. The price is decent (since I don't stay in the room much), it's close to stores and within a cheap cab ride or nice walk to downtown bar area
When i walked into the room my mouth dropped!! It stunk, everything was filthy not even a new roll of toilet paper. There was hair in the bed and to top it all of when i dumped sometthing into the sink it went all over the floor!!! They should be shut down!!!!
We chose this motel because of its location and good reviews. Those reviews must be bogus! Carpet was old and dirty, beds were awful. The walls were so thin we could hear the neighbors all night despite the efforts of the desk clerk to quiet them. The only good thing I can think of about this place is the water pressure was good and the water hot. Stay here only as a last resort.
The Le St Germain Suite Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown St. Cloud. A climate controlled skyway
offers meeting attendees indoor access to the St. Cloud River's Edge Civic Center directly across the street. Le St ...
Located at the intersection of Hwy 15 and Hwy 23, the outstanding Holiday Inn® and Suites St. Cloud is the
largest full service hotel in town. Catering to corporate guests and families, this is the premier choice for St. ...
Relax in our comfortable beds. Soak in the Grand Suite's two person hot tub. Enjoy being served a sumptuous breakfast,
either in our dining room or the privacy of your suite. And for those of you who still need ...