THIS MOTEL 6 HAS RECENTLY COMPLETED ITS RENOVATION AS PART OF OUR PLAN TO UPGRADE ALL OUR LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE U.S. AND CANADA. LOCATED IN THE NUMBER 1 CITY IN CALIFORNIA, THE THOUSAND OAKS SOUTH MOTEL 6 IS JUST MINUTES FROM THE BEST BEACHES IN CALIFORNIA. THIS LOCATION IS ALSO NEAR A HUGE SHOPPING MALL, ... More
Motel 6 Thousand Oaks South
Property information by Travelocity
THIS MOTEL 6 HAS RECENTLY COMPLETED ITS RENOVATION AS PART OF OUR PLAN TO UPGRADE ALL OUR LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE U.S. AND CANADA. LOCATED IN THE NUMBER 1 CITY IN CALIFORNIA, THE THOUSAND OAKS SOUTH MOTEL 6 IS JUST MINUTES FROM THE BEST BEACHES IN CALIFORNIA. THIS LOCATION IS ALSO NEAR A HUGE SHOPPING MALL, SEVERAL RESTAURANTS, GROCERY STORES, AMGEN INC., THE CIVIC ARTS PLAZA AND THE RONALD REAGAN MUSEUM AND LIBRARY. THIS MOTEL 6 OFFERS A WIDE VARIETY OF AMENITIES INCLUDING 24-HOUR FRONT DESK SERVICE, FACILITIES FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE. FOR A NOMINAL CHARGE FAX SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE. SNACK, BEVERAGE AND ICE CENTERS ARE AVAILABLE. WE OFFER SEVERAL ROOM TYPES INCLUDING ROOMS WITH ONE OR TWO BEDS. ALL ROOMS AT THIS PROPERTY HAVE DATA PORTS AND WIFI IS AVAILABLE -DAILY FEE MAY APPLY-.
I've never stayed at a Motel 6 before, and I probably will never visit this brand of motel again based on my experience. I stayed for two nights.
1. Room was clean
2. Pool was sparkling and appeared to be well maintained.
3. Good location. Close to major mall, restaurants.
4. Price was right, if you're willing to put up with the Bad (see below).
1. No Wi-Fi service, even though it was an advertised amenity. I was really peeved at this one because I needed to log on to my computer to do some work. I went to the front desk to purchase my pre-paid Wi-Fi access card, but they were out. The desk representative told me other cards were locked in the safe and he didn't have the combination and told me that someone would have access at 8:00am the next morning. I went to the desk the next morning at 10:00am and was told that they were out. I never did get access at the hotel during my stay. Their recommendation was to travel to a Starbuck's about a mile down the road, which I did.
2. Showers are made for little people. I'm 5'5" and had to bend my knees every time I took a shower. Very inconvenient and awkward to take a shower this way. I've stayed in numerous hotels and this is the first time I've ever experienced this problem.
3. Pillows were flat and lumpy.
4. Sink water temperature was either scalding hot or cold; no in-between temperature. Was scared to death to take a shower, but was relieved that shower temperature varied.
Overall, an unpleasant experience. Would not recommend to anyone.