Contemporary Lodge, on the Mendocino Coast. 2 minutes South of the charming Victorian Village of Mendocino. 4 Star Resort and Spa coupled with 4 Star restaurant. Renovated suites. Wood-burning fireplaces, Memory foam, upgraded European furnishings, cable TV and HBO, long range cordless and speakerphones, free ... More
Stevenswood Spa Resort
Property information by Travelocity
Contemporary Lodge, on the Mendocino Coast. 2 minutes South of the charming Victorian Village of Mendocino. 4 Star Resort and Spa coupled with 4 Star restaurant. Renovated suites. Wood-burning fireplaces, Memory foam, upgraded European furnishings, cable TV and HBO, long range cordless and speakerphones, free local and USA calls, Private hot tub along canyon rim, ocean view sun decks, flower gardens, ocean bluff walks, beach walks, hiking trails, tennis, golf, horseback rides and more.
I'm not easy to please -- and I'm aggressive and unpleasant when I'm not pleased. BUT I'm happy to extoll and recommend what is well done.
So Stevenswood gets an exceptional rating in nearly every regard:
The VERY GOOD
The remarkable "concierge," Nelson, arranged a fantastic still-hot dinner for us, even tho' we checked in late and the kitchen had already closed. NO room service charge added.
In the morning, our first-rate waiter, Josh, called our room to take my late order. So instead of missing breakfast, I had a very good omelet appear as soon as I stepped into the dining room. BTW – this waiter is genuinely friendly and helpful, but never intrusive.
Extremely comfortable and well-appointed. I'm a poor sleeper, but I had 2 nights of restoring sleep in a great king bed. . Beautiful view from our 2nd floor room: Well groomed, peaceful grounds and EXACTLY as described on the inn website: a "distant-partial" ocean view. Hooray for Truth in Advertising! BTW, some reviewers criticize the room's furniture as worn or outdated. I say it's quality stuff showing normal wear. Some guests also point out the inn's many decks show ravages of salt air. Yup, they do – and this is to be expected in a coastal property. They're a wonderful bonus.
RESTAURANT: excellent. I'm a patron of 2 of SF's finest, Michelin-stared restaurants, so I'm familiar w/ the best. I find Stevenswood has fine food, artfully prepared w/ fresh, quality ingredients. Well presented. Service: generally very good, servers -- inexperienced to excellent. Decor and ambiance: serene, unassuming. Price: pretty expensive, but WORTH IT.
1. Provide bright reading light in rooms.
2. Change website breakfast menu to reflect only current offerings.
3. Improve accounting procedures. I was UNDER-charged, others report being OVER-charged.
4. Automatically provide bill for review upon guest check-out, explain reasons for possible additional charges AND provide a way to settle any resulting disputes.
5. PLEASE abandon your mandatory online reservation system for "prepaid" stays. it does NOT work . But it DOES irritate customers, who may well abandon efforts to book.
Advice for travelers:
1. Pre-paid package? READ the fine print. Probable trouble booking online. If so, nicely explain to inn staff and request booking by phone, or not at all.
2. Sensitive to noise? Avoid Pullen Suite. Very nice, but slight hum audible from restaurant ventilation.
3. Let staff know if you're dissatisfied about something. They'll do their best to help.
Stevenswood is a truly fine place to relax and enjoy yourselves. Four and a half stars overall.
Surf and Sand Lodge in Fort Bragg, CA is located on Northern California's rugged and spectacular Mendocino Coast. The hotel
provides the ideal location from which to explore Fort Bragg, the adjacent state park, and the Mendocino Coast. The ...
The Little River Inn built in 1853 on 225 wooded acres 138 miles away from San Francisco International Airport (SFO),
and is located on Mendocino's North Coast which is famous for historic architecture, rugged bluffs, sandy beaches, a working ...