Changes in Latitudes Bed and Breakfast is located 150 feet from the Caribbean Sea and approximately a quarter-mile south of San Pedro on the island of Ambergris Caye. Guests must fly into Belize City international airport and take a connecting flight or water taxi to Ambergris Caye. Hotel amenities include ... More
Changes In Latitudes
Property information by Travelocity
Changes in Latitudes Bed and Breakfast is located 150 feet from the Caribbean Sea and approximately a quarter-mile south of San Pedro on the island of Ambergris Caye. Guests must fly into Belize City international airport and take a connecting flight or water taxi to Ambergris Caye. Hotel amenities include bicycles, hammocks, an outdoor bamboo shower, a common kitchen, and the daily Belizean Breakfast with fresh fruits, juices, coffee, tea, and a hot entree. Golf cart rentals are available and will be delivered to your door. Hosts can arrange fishing, diving, snorkeling, and day trips to local Mayan ruins. All rooms feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, beach towels, beach mats, clock radios, private entrances, and private lockers for snorkel/diving gear. Rates include breakfast, local area coupons and a gallon of drinking water.
My wife and I loved the whole experience at this great B&B. The frendly service here was way beyond expectation, breakfast was very good and a great way to meet in the morning. We came here for a wedding and the owners really went the extra distance to make sure everything was done just right. I felt like part of the family by the time we left. The rooms are very clean and close to town. The courtyard was very nice and a good place to meet. We are planning to return to this little slice of heaven.
Just returned from one week at Changes in Latitudes. We booked the trip on-line as a flight-hotel package and were not sure what to expect other than some favorable reviews. Well, those reviews did not do the place justice. The owners, Renita and Cindy, are transplanted midwesterners who welcome you as best friends when you arrive, and from that point on they do all that they can to make sure that your stay is as adventurous or as laid-back as you want. It is concierge service that cannot be surpassed by any resort.
Each day started with a delicious breakfast and ended with a cool Belikin beer in the courtyard. The location is ideal. A few yards from the beach and a short walk to the center of town.
We plan on going back as soon as we can.
You need a place that is clean, safe, and comfortable.
Why stay in a condo when you are barely ever in your room! CIL is a charming B&B where you can wander to the common room for a sumptuous breakfast, keep your Belikin in the common area fridge and meet unique guests who share their tales of adventure!
The personal attention and info from the hosts is worth more than $ can buy!
A definite value and great find!
My husband and I stayed at Changes in Latitudes for our honeymoon. It was perfect! Cindy and Renita were extremely helpful with everything from tours to restuarants off the beaten path and even setting up cocktail hours in the courtyard so that all the guests could meet. We enjoyed having dinners with other guests and feeling like we had known everyone for years and years. Every morning a different breakfast was served and each one was better than the last! The location was great, close to the water, tour docks, and the shops. We look forward to visiting again!
WOW what a great lil' find!! We stayed there just last week and found the place to be just right. You know not to big, not too small, not to far from town, not to close, not to expensive!! We had a great time visiting with other guest who stayed there as well. The court yard has some charm that brings people out right about dust to have a drink and share the day�s activities. The innkeepers... so much fun... and did I say so much fun. You can tell they love Belize, the Belizeans and their work. They really made everything so simple for us...booking tours, getting us discounts, restaurant menus to view ...so so much... I could go on and on. I have never stayed in a B&B for fear I would have to share a bath or other rooms. This little place is more like a specialty hotel. Private bath, entrance, access to kitchen 24 hrs a day for those Belikin Beers. We had a great time and recommend it!!!
My new wife and I just spent the most amazing time at Changes. The two innkeepers, Cindy and Renita, just went out of their way to ensure our constant enjoyment! They even had a bottle of wine in the room for our honeymoon; no other hotel did that for us when we slipped in that it was our honeymoon. Anyway, here are some of the many great reasons to stay here:
* They sent us emails asking and suggesting what kind of tours and activities we would like to do. Not only that, but they suggested how/when we should do them so as to fit as many activities as possible into our stay.
* They know the island. The innkeepers tell you about all the attractions not mentioned in your tour books as well as which company to do tours with (remember to go snorkeling with Alfonse). They also know all the great restaurants. Plus, if you're worn out from the day, don't be surprised if they offer to chauffeur you in their personal golf cart to your eatery. Or, rent their bikes and pedal along the beach.
* They have a great voucher system. They'll give you a voucher for each tour you do so that when you go snorkeling, parasailing, etc, you don't have to bring your wallet. It all just shows up on your final bill, which should help with credit card fees.
* The rooms are so perfect: the hot water works great, the AC and fans will make other tourists jealous, you get your own private bath, and the beds are very comfortable. Just note that these rooms are small, yet very functional and romantic, and are geared toward couples. I wouldn't recommend this as the best family stay unless you put the kids in another room (they do have a room with 2 twin beds).
* The food is delicious. They never serve the same thing twice and always provide plenty of great fruit, juice, and coffee. Meals will either be something cultural or really good homestyle favorites (I still remember the french toast).
* Finally, Cindy and Renita love their job and will do anything in their power to make your stay a stress free vacation. They really made our trip memorable.
I can't recommend this place enough, and I hope my wife and I can go back soon
\"Super b & b with helpful and knowledgeable owners\"
By A Yahoo! Contributor, 9/13/06
We really loved our stay with Cindy and Renita. Two characters who made us feel right at home at CIL, to the point of even giving us our favourite breakfast every morning! Ideally placed for the beach (and Yacht Club!!) CIL is a few minutes walk along the beach from San Pedro.
Although the rooms are 'cosy' rather than 'roomy' we found this was offset with the fab garden complete with hammocks and resident gecko.
We'll definately be visiting again!
*Terms & Conditions: Savings calculation is based on Flight + Hotel vacation package bookings for a 3 month period for 2 adults with a 2+ night length of stay compared to price of the same components if booked separately during same period. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, travel dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.