This family owned beach area motel also offers cottages for rent. All rooms are within walking distance to the beach, boardwalk, outlet shopping, and eateries. Open from spring to fall; there is a two night stay minimum on weekends during July and August.
Had a good time went with my hubby and mother and father in law we liked the stay staff was nice to us and we plan on taking our kids there avian in subway and my mother for a weekend vist the restaurant next door was good food and staff was very nice we didn't have any complaints so altho it was a walk to the beach but I kinda of perfer that I think it would b to noise to stay on the beach and your guys prices was really good thanks for the stay and we will b back
The MOTEL is a motel. It's not a resort. It was basic and clean. It was inexpensive and the front desk easy to work with. I was there with my girlfriend (we don't care as much about amenities as we travel to places to be out enjoying those places) and she who is very aware of clenliness and value approved and suggested another stay this May for an anual tournament.
Best Place Ever!!! Im the grandaughter...I would know
By A Yahoo Contributor, 7/3/08
I am one of the granddaughters of the owner...and i would like to say that all of those people that left all the untrue comments...should take all of thet back...there is a maid there every single day to clean all of the rooms...and you cant say that there wasnt any cleaning done...it is sooo clean in those rooms!!!! it is one of the cleanist motels in delaware!!!! NO one can say that Pirates cove motel is dirty...or dosent have good cleaning service and you deffineatly can not say that it is exspensive there cause it is not at all....NEVER EVER talk bad about pirates cove motel!!! It is owned by very good people!!! SO DO NOT DIS THE PLACE AND SAY THAT IT IS TRASHY....becasuse i even clean the rooms sometimes and i knwo that it is not dirty!!!!!
this was our second year at the pirates cove and we love it...we actually just happen to stumble upon it last year looking for a place to stay at the last minute...i searched all over the net for the number for th is year...it is by far the best place we have ever stayed in rehobeth...i would (and have) recomend it to anyone....thank you for everything!
a group of us (6 girls) stayed here for three days two nights. i will just make a list of what is decent first, and then sound off on what's bad.
- there was room for 6 of us to sleep.
- toilet paper in the bathroom
- kitchenette was in working order
- had dishes and silverware, pots etc for cooking a meal
- hot water in faucets
- big kitchen sink
- kitchen linens (one kitchen towel, one washrag) was replaced (albeit once)
- the air conditioner worked
- basic cable w/ remote tv
- good shower pressure
- different size towels and washcloths
- location is not as convenient as they make it out to be, although it is on the strip so it is a straight lined walk to the beach (a mile or so walk)
- there is a male bar and a restaurant (unable to tell you how it was, did not go) across the street.
- liquor store nearby
what was bad?
- checkout time is 11am SHARP
- no phone OR phonebook OR local directory
- i believe there is no internet
- no iron, iron burns on carpet
- showering was a challenge since we had no hot water until the manager came to fix it twice, and even then we could not adjust the temperature
- it looked as though they carpet was not vacuumed, the kitchen floor was never cleaned
- the refrigerator handle was about to break off
- staff was WELL aware there were 6 of us, still left the place accomodated for only 4
we were reprimanded for being "loud" (i am not sure how quiet a conversation of 6 girls is supposed to sound like), the staff is RUDE, insulting our intelligence and not respecting simple requests (gave us sh*t for complaining about being unable to shower). we never used the stove so are unable to tell you if any of us would have caught on fire.
if you are quiet, don't care about what your space looks like, can handle washing your face in a bathroom sink that a toddler could easily reach and is the size of a small utility sink, then this is the place for you.
if you are big on aesthetics, service, having a conversation in a normal voice, etc - then don't stay here. the rooms looked as though someone went to a yard sale and bought what they needed to call a room a room.
that is all i can think of for now.
Where to start? We were told on the phone that we'd receive a 2 room cottage and instead were given a college-style apartment above a garage. A dirty fan was blowing in the room. Our hot water did not function and was not fixed until the second and final evening we were staying. When we raised concerns with the management, they were defensive, rude and essentially told us our complaints did not matter because other people would pay $250 a night for where we were staying, and "one person complaining doesn't do anything." Obviously, this is not the point. We strongly advise you not to support this establishment based on the manner in which we were disrespected. We are currently filing complaints with the BBB for services not rendered during our stay.
1. Must pay on arrival in full, although we can live with this.
2. Housekeeping did not come for two full days.
3. We left a large pile of dirty wet towels in front of our door, outside. They sat there for two days until we asked for new towels, to which they responded and I quote, "What do you need them for?" "Housekeeping has not been to our room in two days". "This is how our towels get stolen". "Bring me your old towels".
4. Outlets are old and all appliances, i.e. hair dryers, etc., will fall out when trying to use.
5. Water clogged in tub for two days. Housekeeping never cleaned. Their idea of cleaning is making beds (and they won't if you leave any article on your bed). SHEETS AND BED LINENS NEVER CHANGED.
6. No phones in room.
7. We were asked "how many vehicles are you driving", like we were in the principal's office.
8. Asked for an iron from the front desk. Received an iron that was at least 10+ years old with fabric lined cord (get the idea), and it ruined clothes.
9. We left items on the floor on purpose to see if housekeeping would clean, NOT ONCE!
10. We paid on $708.00 for 4 days to stay in what I would consider the filthiest, poorly ran hotel I have ever been in. The staff is rude and acted like we were asking for things that were "out of the ordinary". All we wanted was courteous, normal service, i.e., clean towels, daily maid service, working electrical outlets, change of bed linens, etc. Don't waste your time or money on this "mom and pop" dump! All you need to do is look at the bathroom ceiling and you will never step foot back in the place!
I've been staying at the Cove for years and Pat the owner is wonderful and so is her staff. As for the negative comments about walking distance, it is on the opposite side of the drawbridge and if you are familiar with Rehoboth you realize the distance. It's great for me and my family, my daughter is old enough to walk back and forth with her friend yet we are far enough away not to hear all the noise at night. It's a safe place to visit.
We'll be back for many years to come!
Five story Motor Inn with modern accommodations is situated 60 feet from the beach. Amenities:Air Conditioning (In Room). Refrigerator. Iron.
Television (Cable/Satellite). Microwave Oven. Non Smoking Rooms. Television. Daily Maid Service. Coffee Maker. Hotel Details:73 Rooms / 5 Floors. ...
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware's newest boutique hotel located in the heart of Rehoboth walking distance to all in town Restaurants, spa's,
shopping, entertainment, beach/Ocean & famous 1 mile boardwalk. Hotel Rehoboth offers visiting guests friendly, thoughtful, attentive service in a ...
Modern Four story Hotel with a modified Victorian style facade. Amenities:Air Conditioning (In Room). Newspaper (Free). Refrigerator. Iron. Telephone. Television
(Cable/Satellite). Microwave Oven. Non Smoking Rooms. Television. DVD/VCR. Daily Maid Service. In Room Broadband Internet Access. Coffee Maker. ...