Selecting the right hotel accommodations is just as important to a family vacation as the attractions you plan to visit. If you're considering a trip to Walt Disney World, use this guide to the Royal Guest Rooms to help make your vacation decisions.
When planning a family vacation, the hotel stay can be just as important as the attractions. If you're considering a trip to Walt Disney World, chances are you're wondering just what the resort rooms have to offer, especially when it comes to new accommodations, such as Disney's Royal Guest Rooms. Use this breakdown of what to expect inside Disney's Royal Guest Rooms to help you decide what is best for your family.
When: Renovations begin in Spring 2012 with a completion date of June 2012; rooms open in March 2012.
Where: Available at Disney's Port Orleans Resort (Riverside section).
What: Room themes based on places Disney princes, princesses, and their friends have stayed.
- 512 of the resort's rooms will be converted to Royal Rooms.
- Continuation of "story" room concept available at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Bedframes lavishly decorated with fiber-optic fireworks headboard.
- Bedding incorporates Disney prince and princess crowns interwoven across the comforter.
- Bathroom faucets are replicas of Genie from Aladdin's magic lamp.
- Bathroom wallpaper includes pictures of Disney characters.
How: Reservations are being accepted now. Visit the Walt Disney World website to complete.
- Concierge desk from which guests can purchase park tickets, reserve show seats, and make dinner reservations.
- Valet and coin-operated laundry services.
- Child care services.
- Rooms catering to guests with disabilities, including those in wheelchairs and those with hearing impairments.
Room Amenities: The resort offers some appliances to guests, including a refrigerator, iron and ironing board, and hairdryer. For entertainment purposes, guests can enjoy cable TV with Disney programs as well as Internet access for an extra charge. Guests traveling with infants and toddlers may use the resort's Pack 'n Play play yards. For those in need of a quick snack, the resort offers guest room pizza delivery.
Dining: Guests have a few dining options in close proximity to the resort. The Riverside Mill Food Court offers a fast dining option. For casual dining, guests can visit Boatwright's Dining Hall. Finally, for a lounge-style dining experience complete with live entertainment, guests may visit River Roost.
Hotel accommodations are just as important to a smooth family vacation as the sights and activities your family is planning to see and do. If a trip to Walt Disney World is one of your family's options, take into consideration what the new Royal Guest Rooms have to offer as you make your vacation decision.