Do not stay here
We stayed here over New Year's Eve weekend, so we expected some noise (which there certainly was plenty of) but we did not expect all of the following:
- upon check-in, we were given room keys to not one, but TWO, already occupied rooms.
- our friends, who had a reservation for two double beds were told (loudly) that there were no rooms with two double beds.
- the third room we got (the first unoccupied) had two double beds!!, so we traded with our friends who had been (previously) given a room with one king bed.
- the one king bed was broken. the room was clearly a smoking room, and all of us had asked for non-smoking.
- the heater in our room broke, and we were actually scolded for apparently not realizing it immediately upon check in. this problem was actually fixed briefly, until we returned to our room late night to find it broken again and the room very cold.
- at this point we were switched to a different room in the middle of the night that had no alarm clock and no working telephone.
- when other friends of ours arrived after one night, the "manager" Giovanni told them he did not have their reservation and that he could give them a "special deal" on the Jacuzzi room (which costs more). After MUCH debate, he miraculously "found" their reservation.
- Giovanni told our friends we had checked out rather than switched rooms in the middle of the night due to the broken heater, causing much confusion the morning of our departure.
- Upon checking out, we explained to Giovanni that we were not satisfied with our stay, and that we should be compensated for all the problems that occurred. He refused to do anything, and when we asked for his business card and his supervisor, he insisted that he owned the hotel, and he could do whatever he wanted, and refused to even give us his last name. It turns out, BTW, Giovanni does NOT own the hotel.
- Upon returning home, we found that Giovanni overcharged us for the room.
Do NOT stay at the EconoLodge Downtown Montreal!!!
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.