Let me start off by saying that the only reason I gave this hotel a "2 stars" is because of the location. It is located right across the street from the beach, therefore, it was walking distance and convenient for us. Also, we didn't spend much time at the hotel at all.
Our stay was very disappointing. Here are the reasons:
-The staff was very rude: Our room wasn't ready when we got there, which was fine since it was before 3pm, but the lady at the counter wasn't very friendly about it. Didn't make me feel very comfortable about asking her any questions at all.
- When we finally got our room, the air was not working. They do not have central air at the hotel, just a little AC unit by the window. It was blowing warm air into the room, we were sweating... We called the front desk and they sent someone to look at it right away. The lady called us and told us they would fix it but it would take a couple of hours- I told her right away to please do something, because, we were sweating really bad AND the shower barely had COLD water (that also had to be fixed). It was cooler outside than in our room. The front desk lady said she didn't have another room for us to stay in so she couldn't do anything about it. She said we could "hang out" in another room for a couple of hours, that was it, which obviously wasn't convenient for us.
- Their website advertises wireless internet: Couldn't get our laptop to connect to the internet so we called the front desk for them to tell us that the internet doesn't work in the rooms because of the concrete walls and that we needed to go out on the pool deck to be able to connect. Went out several times to try and connect, we were never able to... so we asked some of our neighbors and they told us we have to go downstairs close to the router to be able to connect- Keep in mind, we are on vacation, who wants to go downstairs to use the internet when our room is upstairs..?
- The room/bathroom were both dirty. Towels had holes in them.
- The water for the sink & shower smelled extremely bad.
- Breakfast: Well... we understand and weren't expecting bacon, eggs... but it literally consisted of bagels, coffee & cereal. So, if you don't like coffee, you were out of luck and couldn't drink anything with your breakfast- no juice...
- We called the front desk and told them that we were expecting some kind of credit. We clearly told them we didn't want a free night but at least $30 off or something for the fact that we came in with no air, the shower wasn't working properly and the internet not working... the lady said she would talk to the manager and he refused to give us any kind of credit- Their customer service is terrible!
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo! Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo! Travel users just like you.