Not bad for the price.
My family of four (wife and two young adults 22 & 24), just got back for Solaris. Wife opinion is different from mines, so I'm writing my own review.
1. Food was good to eat, your typical buffet style but the restaurants (No shorts or sandles for the men) were Great.
2. Beach is fanstic, no rocks or sea weed, dissapointed with the rental on bogy boards need to be return by 4:00pm.
3. The theater shows are not your Vegas shows, not much entertainment. The couple one band show were not bad at the lobby bar.
4. Drinks are ok, need to tip more for waiter or bartender to serve you well. If your into strong drinks, stick with tequilla shots, just beware the next morning.
5. Tower one rooms are all tile, so noise carrys along way into rooms, espicially when kids are around. We requested a king bed and they only had rooms in tower two. The rooms are allot better. If you want isolation, stay in tower II.
6. Family went shopping in Downtown Cancun, at the Mercado 28. Prices are allot better then at the island. You can bargain at your price. We didn't feel being in danger in the streets. People are friendly as they welcome the tourist back with open arms. Be ready to bargain. Rode the bus and taxi (7.50 pesos for bus and about 10-15 dollars for taxi, depending where your at).
8. We stay away from any excursion, they were too pricee....if you do so pull out your credit card! You can get them free if you stay and listen to one of their sell pitch on time share. Especially exiting the airport. Just keep on walking until you get out side. You will find your transportation wether taxi or van.
9. Family drank the water and we didn't get sick..
10. We stay away from pool side, too noisey with kids and of course adults having a good time at the pool bar. On the other hand the pool at Tower II had a less noise.
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.