National Lampoon Eugene Christmas
I specifically chose this property because it had high ratings here.
After my experience, I can only conclude the high ratings came from employees and family members.
1. Few cars in the lot when I arrived; it didn't look like much more than 20% occupancy.
2. Checked in, given my room card key and drove to the other side of the property.
3. Approached the room, noticed a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Hmmm. Maids must have forgotten it.
4. Put my card key in the door lock, opened the door and was greeted by a guy jumping out of bed probably a little more surprised than me.
5. Back to the office, asked for an unoccupied room. Clerk kept apologizing with a mumble about "computer error". After the 4th apology, I suggested she might want to check on the guy who was intruded-upon as a result of her "computer error".
6. For my trouble, I was up-graded and given another room. I entered that room, unpacked and tried to turn on the lamps beside the bed. Oops. No power or burned-out bulbs. In the course of checking to see if they were plugged in, I discovered a broken outlet cover. Hmmm.
7. After the clerk couldn't (a) locate the on-site repair person or (b) make the lamps work on her own, I was given the 3rd room.....
8. Which had a broken refrigerator (when I opened it to place items within, I was greeted with a puddle of water and unpleasant smell) and a broken heater (actually the control knob was broken -- I got it to work, but couldn't get it to maintain a consistent temperature).
This property is long past its prime. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.