Nightmare of an Experience
My fiance and I looked forward to a country getaway for quite some time. The pictures on the internet showed this beautiful place with very nice rooms in a country setting. As soon as we arrived we realized it was all a lie. The woods were all grown in and the grass hadn't been cut for quite some time. When we arrived at the Lodge it was very obvious that it needed a great deal of work both externally and internally. The gazebo had broken furniture in it and thats if you wanted to walk through the high grass to get to it. As soon as the owner,Mary, opened the door the smell of mold and mildew was incredible. Our room looked nothing like the rooms on the internet. We were only there a short amount of time before my allergies had taken over. Between the smell of mold and the floral scent that was used to try and cover the smells, I knew I had to leave. I called Mary, only to be received with sarcasm and rudeness. We left after 15 minutes and had to find another place to stay which wasn't easy on a Holiday weekend. I could go on, but I think you got the gest of it. I strongly urge you to stay away from this Lodge. There are so many other beautiful places to stay in such a woderful part of our country.
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.