This hotel should not be allowed to rent rooms
We chose this hotel because it was an advertised special on the Vail Web site. It gives a really bad impression of the town and what it has to offer!
For the price we paid, we expected clean and modest place that we could return to after each day of skiing. Instead, we found ourselves avoiding returning to our room because of the mold and mildew. We woke up each morning fighting to breathe properly (no, it wasn't the altitude!): the mold from the basement must have found its way into the ventilation system. The in-room refrigerator stank ... it was unusable. Upon our arrival, we had to call downstairs to request that the bathroom be properly cleaned and the sheets be changed (hair in the bathtub; hairs on the pillows). The carpet was disgusting. And the beds caused us to itch ... welts on our skin ... we haven't yet figured out if they were caused by some sort of bedbugs (ugh) or by the detergent used to clean the sheets.
Needless to say, the (advertised) sauna was out of commission.
One of the most disgusting hotels I've ever stayed at! Vail Central Reservations should NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!
On the plane trip home, while reading the most recent local uppity issue of Vail's magazine, we discovered that this hotel will soon be demolished and replaced by a Four Seasons. The town of Vail should not have allowed this hotel to operate this season, knowing that it is a potential health hazard!
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.