our reservation 'disappeared'
* My wife and I planned to visit my son, who attends Whitman College. On Mar 23, 2007, I phoned the Walla Walla Super8 directly (not the 800 number) to make a reservation for the nights of Apr 20 and 21. I gave a credit card # and was given a reservation #.
* On Thu, Apr 19, the day before our trip, I called the hotel to confirm.
* The desk clerk said our reservation had been cancelled. She had no idea why or by whom, and said I should call the 800 number to find out. She had no rooms available.
* I called Super8 Reservations. They said our reservation had been cancelled on Apr 15. No further information. Suggested I call Customer Service.
* I called Super8 Customer Service. They said our reservation had been cancelled on Apr 15 by the "TripRewards program". I said we never heard of this program, and nobody had asked us or informed us about the cancellation. They gave me a Case # (1996068), and said their "Research team" would investigate. I asked if they could find an alternative hotel for us. They said no.
* My wife and I called many other hotels in the area. No rooms were available. We had to cancel our trip. We had already arranged vacation day from work. My son had been looking forward to our visit and planned his schedule around it.
* I called Customer Service again on Fri, Apr 20. Asked if the "Research team" had found out how or why our reservation was cancelled. They said there was no activity so far by the Research Team, and we needed to allow 7 working days for the "investigation".
* I called Customer Service again on May 04. They said (i) there was no report from the Research Team, and no information under our Case # other than that our reservation was cancelled on Apr 15 by "TripRewards"; (ii) a check for $25 would be mailed to us because of the "inconvenience".
* Received check on May 10.
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.