NO NOT STAY THERE!!!!
There are old places that are historic, rustic, quint, etc... this place is just old! Went to enter my room and the door mat was so wet, think sponge (for the entire stay) that I could not step on it. The landing under is is soft also.I was told that they were still washing a blanket and it would be there in an hour, I arrived at 5:45 pm (room should have been ready).Did not show up until the next afternoon. Has a base board heater. It took all night to get the room to 60 degrees, the thermostat does not work very well. Was a problem because my wet clothes would not dry. The unit has a fire place. Took me a while to figure out, but the damper is broken. So you can not close it (heat will escape) and it partly blocks the chimney. When I tried to light a fire (wood was also not seasoned) smoke filled the room no matter what I did (I have enough experience to know what I am doing), so the unit and all my clothes smelled of smoke. It appears to have knob and tube electrical, see the 1950's screw in fuses. The electrical and chimney issues are a fire hazard. I would not have stayed there with my wife and daughter. The shower is small, the floor is soft in places and it has no fan. so after a shower, even with the door open condensation was on the walls. The first night kids were playing right out the back of my unit. Nice that they were outside playing, but not very relaxing. Then Saturday the neighbors behind the unit was blasting music. The worst experience I have ever had at at motel!
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.