We chose this hotel for its location close to my sister's apartment, and we soon realized that it would have been worth it to be a little farther away. The room wasn't very clean (moldy caulk in the shower - yuck!), we were given only two sets of towels and glasses for a family of four, and the lighting did not allow the people in one bed to read while the people in the other bed slept (crucial for us, two parents on vacation with our two kids), forcing all of us to go to bed at 8 PM. Worst of all:
1) The refrigertor was full of mini-bar items. You could not have these items removed so you could use the refrigerator for your own items (we had one child who still uses a sippy cup, so this was important to us). Instead, you had to pay $25 to have another refrigerator brought up to your room. If you moved anything in the main refrigerator, there were sensors underneath each item that automatically charged your room for that item.
2) The hot water was at least 180 degrees, well above the 120 degrees that is safe for children. My daughter was nearly scalded while taking a bath when my husband was trying to warm up the water (he did not know the hot water was that hot) and we had to turn the water in the sink on for my son so that he wouldn't get burned adjusting it himself.
Our sister will be in Boston for another year, and although we may visit her again, we'll definitely be staying somewhere else.
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.