We stayed here 3 separate nights as we were volunteering in the relief work in Oct. 2006. The first night we stayed the room was adequetely clean although it looked pretty worn for the age of the hotel. The next time it was a different room. Again, well worn. A day or two later we stayed again as we could not find vacancy at other hotels. Well, this third time was the worst. There was only one room available, it was the handicap room. The lady at the front desk said that hotel had 4 foot of water after the hurricane. So the room was on the second floor. The room smelled strongly of mold. The floor in the bathroom had stuff stuck to it. My husband thought it was grout from a sloppy tile layer but no, he took a wash cloth and mopped the floor and it all came up and the washcloth was brown when he got done. Wanted to check out at that point but where would we go? The last straw was when I turned down the bed and the pillows and bedspread was moldy! I mean the black speckled mold covering the pillows! We immediately checked out and drove and drove till we found something else. I would not stay there again if it was free.
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.