Viral Epidemic in April 2007
At first we liked the friendliness of the reception staff, although I was a bit surprised that no wifi was made avaialble through the village. This would be a given in any american resort today.
The rooms are big, admittedly, but very dirty, with lots of dust and mold in the bath room.
The staff is very very friendly. Except for the staff in the child care. They kept our 2.5 year old wandering around lost and crying until a friend called us to tell us about it. Our 11 month old was crying and he was turned facing the garden, away from the children and the caregivers, which of course terrified him immensely. We stopped immediately bringing our children to the children care.
As of our arrival people started alerting us of a virus or food poisining problem that affects mainly children. The staff kept mumm about.
On the third day our first child became sick. Lots of vomitic and diarrhea were the symptoms. We knew at least another 15 people who told us their children or parents had gotten sick. Then our daugther also got sick. I spoke with the village manager, Tom Keidel, who denied anything was wrong and said that we had brought the virus from the outside.
Be very carefulw with this resort. The hygiene is very poor and there is a viral epidemic going around there.
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.