BAD SERVICE POOR ACCOMMODATIONS
If you're looking for a comforatable stay with responsive staff or caring owernship with authentic Mexican taste, this is not the place for you. We've gone to the Nabalam twice in 3 years. 1st stay was for 8 days. This one was for 11 days. Our 1st stay was marginably better, but in peak season, so also twice as much.
To be fair, 1st, the best of Nabalam is the beach, 2nd is the food at their restaurant. Everything else goes down straight hill from there. There were a few bright spots in our otherwise misrable Nablam experience. There were a few staff standouts that tried to make what was an otherwise aweful stay better. The good news is that you can stay anywhere on the island and use that beach. You do not have to stay at the Nabalam.
The complaints are numerous as we stayed their for 11 days.
1. Apathetic, patronizing staff and ownership
2. Aweful mosquitto problem
3. Box spring matresses that are worse than slepping on the floor
4. Slower than usual restuarant service, even for Mexico
5. Tip demanding staff
6. Little to no normal hotel items, such as a phone, TV or alarm clock.
7. Old or Malfunctioning Air Conditioning (Real nice with 90% humidity)
8. Antiquated reservation system that cancelled inadvertantly cancelled our reservation
9. Billed for food and drinks that were not ours
10. Definately over-priced and not worth it at all.
With that said, my inlaws have been going for 13 years and likely will not go again. They have a bevy of complaints as well. We will most defiantely pass on the Nabalam. For all the hell we experienced there, they gave us a one night deduction from our bill. We spent over 2,500 there. Par for the course with the Nabalam I guess
Thank you for reporting abuse on this Yahoo Travel review.
We appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
By notifying us of the abuse, you're helping to ensure a quality experience for other Yahoo Travel users just like you.